weekend

Last weekend was a nice one! I went to the Armory show on Pier 94. When I arrived there to meet up with friends the line was sooo long that there was a moment I thought I didn't wanna go in. I had this image in my mind of the Friday nights at the MoMa... 'cause it is free on Friday nights, everybody goes. So, yes there were far too many people but it was nice. I saw a few interesting pieces and a lot of interesting people :)
Sunday my neighbor took me to a restaurant in Korea town (or street) called HanGawi. I loved the interior. You sit at tables that are almost floor height and the 'poor' servers (who walk around in some kind of pyjama, very sweet) need to bend down each time they bring you something new. We drank Rose-bud tea and milky rice wine, a whole new experience! I love sake but this is very different. And we ate a lot of fried stuff with a thick sweet and sour sauce.
Furthermore I did some painting and stretching the canvas... Show time is coming closer and closer!

Labels: , ,

26 February 2007

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa solomon said...

very exciting about your show!! :)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home