the show

Some last preparations, all the rings in their little plastic bag with number and size.
Paintings on the wall, still empty jewelry displays...
And then the moment was here, last weekend was SHOWTIME... all the hard work was rewarded with a crowded show on both Saturday and Sunday. There were so many people that there were waiting lines in the hallway :) All the jewelry was spread out carefully by all the designers and I think everybody was happy with the way it looks.
My paintings fitted perfectly on the wall...it looked SO nice, I am a very happy girl :) I got lots of nice comments! And you know what the best part was...all my friends came to look at the paintings and the jewelry :-) thank you so much!!!
So, I am back to my normal schedule...today was all about cleaning up and giving Poes some attention. And tomorrow I will be back in the saddle finishing orders of rings in sizes I did not had at the show, painting commissions and buying supplies for a mural for a baby room that I will be starting to make hopefully this week. The mural has to be finished soon....because the lovely lady is getting close to due date :) And this is also why I had my first baby-shower this weekend, and it was so nice! It was in Lady Mendl's tea Salon, such a beautiful space. We drank lots of tea, ate many many cookies, chocolate, fingers sandwiches, salad, scones... I was completely stuffed when I had to rush back to the show!
So I will be catching up with you all this week...lots of blogs to read, emails to write and phone calls to make! *Daphne

Labels: , ,

13 November 2006

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daphne, your work looks wonderful and you sound a happy bunny!!!!!!! I love your rings!! So pleased the show went well for you!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

SO wish i could have gone... congrats!!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS and how I wish I could have been there.
see you, g

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everything looks lovely -wish I could have been there.

12:35 PM  
Blogger room to make said...

congratulations! your work looks great :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger shari said...

hi daphne!

congrats on your show. i really love your work. i wish i could have come to celebrate and meet you in person!! enjoy your time relaxing with baby poes. xo shari

9:42 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

the show was fabulous...loved seeing your work on the wall...and the rings...beautiful!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home