waiting to dry

The sky is so amazingly blue, the sun is shining, and cool fresh air - the perfect October day! I am in the city but if I close my eyes I can see myself walking (or better - running and jumping) on a hill, dried grass around me, little stream far down... A little like 'Christina's world' from Andrew Wyeth which is one of the paintings I really love to see when I'm at the MoMa.
Up to the studio again and paint some more... 'Cause I work in al lot of layers and use lots of water it needs a long time to dry before I can apply the next layer. I am working on several paintings at the same time trying not waste any time, but a little pause ones in a while makes me reflect on that what I have painted so far...a little distance is good! Below you can see one of the paintings I am working on now (not revealing so much though...), for a show next month! I will tell you soon some more about that. Have a good Thursday everyone!!

05 October 2006

6 Comments:

Blogger lisa solomon said...

you are revealing enough... i spy a doily. i'm hooked!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the little peek at your work..cant wait to see more!

6:55 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

where is your show going to be...so cool!
and the past few days have been so lovely.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lisa s - love those doily's, but you are going to have a hard time finding that doily back in the painting as it looks now...

julie - thank you, I am about to finish some and will reveal more soon ;-)

wendy - yesterday the weather was crap but today it is summer again :-) the show will be in SoHo during the jewelry show. I will be covering the walls :-)...the invitation will hopefully be ready on monday and I'll post about it then.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Daphne -
I am so glad you stopped by my journal so I could find you!
Beautiful work -just stunning.
And I am excited to read back through your blog.

3:34 PM  
Blogger shari said...

i love when the sky is so blue! oh! i can't wait to see more of your paintings. how's the little kitty?
xox shari

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home