knitted rings

Some more pictures of the knitted rings of the little collaboration (edit: this is no longer a collaboration, we have parted our ways since there is a disagreement on who owns designer-rights for a specific part of the design). In the picture below, you can see how the rings are sprued, ready to be casted! They look so delicate and hopefully they keep that appearance.
And here you can see how they look after the casting process, now they still have this beautiful white color which will disappear after transforming them into their final state. I wish that this white color could stay on there but even if you would leave it on it will disappear when you wear the ring. I think they still look very delicate and somewhat fragile, I can only dream how they would look in a nice rich yellow gold. - more pictures to come.

Labels:

30 July 2006

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail A. Percy said...

Lovely!!! You can laquer the blanched finish, which makes it even more durable than say an oxidised one...and I guess you would have to refresh it by re-burning it and quenching it in the pickle should it rub off in time....??

I tried this when I cast a Eucalyptus leaf...it looked like a piece of frost, as it burned away so much....but keeping it white was fun! xx

8:15 PM  
Blogger Abigail A. Percy said...

{oh, I should have said}...I used a matt spray varnish {acrylic based}....:)

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home