egon schiele

This is my favorite painting by Egon Schiele 1890 - 1918, it is the portrait of another painter named Karl Zakovsek made in 1910. He was only 20 years of age by then. Egon Schiele didn't live long but he made a lot of work in the time he was around. You can find some of his works in the Neue Galerie in New York. Where you can also find some Gustav Klimt paintings. Other than that the Galerie is a beautiful building and you can have a nice Austrian lunch in cafe Sabarsky.

01 March 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the catalog from this exhibition. I adore his work and my book is fantastic, I was lucky enough to attend the show in one of it's first weeks. It was lovely and I just thought it was great seeing a lot of his work together. you understand the genius of his line., the calculation of each gesture

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home