morimoto

How dependent can you be on the internet? As a friend said to me: your lifeline to the world! And she is so right. There does not go a day by that I don't read all those interesting stories on other people's blogs.
Friday we went to Morimoto here in NYC. A very cool Japanese restaurant owned by the iron chef, Masaharu Morimoto himself. And he was there...in his grey outfit. The food was super! They had some great vegetable sushi! But I was really there to see the architecture. Morimoto is designed by my favorite architect Tadao Ando and I loved it. The website is still under construction but I guess it will soon show you some of the architecture of Ando. I liked that the area was divided in separate corners and different levels. So every time you turned around a corner there was a new seating area. The bathroom doors were not finished yet although they were fully equipped with a Japanese toilet. Not the old one but the 'spray you everywhere' ones. The overall look was very nice.

08 May 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home